Amandeep Drall continued to maintain the edge as she added a card of even par 72 to her first round 71 to stay under par after 36 holes in the ninth leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour. At the Classic Golf and Country Club, Amandeep is now one-under 143 and one shot clear of Hitaashee Bakshi, who was the only player with an under par round at 71, while as many as eight players shot even par 72.
The final round of 2020 should be keenly contested as leader Amandeep will be chased by six others, who are within three shots of the lead.
Neha Tripathi improved on her first round 75 with 72 and was eighth, while Shagun Narain (76-72) and Astha Madan (76-72) were Tied-ninth at 149.
Tvesa Malik (73-76) coming to the end of a rather hectic 2020, and Pranavi Urs (75-75) were trailing in T-11 with Afshan Fatima (77-72).
Amandeep Drall, who has been in excellent form since the re-start of the Hero WPGT two weeks ago, put herself in prime position for back-to-back wins and a third straight top cheque – she was the top pro despite being second in the seventh leg.
Starting with a bogey-birdie on second and third, she dropped two shots in a row at sixth and seventh. However, she picked up superbly on the back nine with three birdies in four holes from 10th to 13th. She missed out on getting a second straight score under par as she bogeyed the 17th and finished with 72.
Hitaashee Bakshi had a steady 71 with one bogey on front nine and two birdies on back nine on 14th and 18th.
Diksha, struggling since her return from the Ladies European Tour, finally found some meaningful form with three birdies and three bogeys for 72.
Hunar Mittal and Avani Prashanth showed great depth among amateurs as both carded even par 72 with birdies on the closing 18th.
Vani Kapoor had a rough day with three bogeys, two of them on last three holes in her 75 which had no birdies. However, she was only three behind the leader, Amandeep Drall.
Tee times for the third and final round of the ninth leg of the Hero WPGT at Classic Golf & Country Club, Gurugram
- 8:30 AM: Trimann Saluja 168; Ayesha Kapur 166;
- 8:40 AM: Jyotsana Singh 166; Gursimar Badwal 162;
- 8:50 AM: Riya Yadav (A) 162; Rishika Muralidhar (A) 158; Vidhatri Urs (A) 156;
- 9:00 AM: Lakhmehar Pardesi 155; Anisha Agarwalla 155; Siddhi Kapoor 155;
- 9:10 AM: Rhea Jha 153; Jahanvi Bakshi 153; Nayanika Sanga (A) 152;
- 9:25 AM: Pranavi Urs 150; Seher Atwal 150; Tvesa Malik 149;
- 9:35 AM: Asmitha Sathish 149; Afshan Fatima 149; Astha Madan 148;
- 9:45 AM: Shagun Narain 148; Neha Tripathi 147; Vani Kapoor 146;
- 9:55 AM: Ridhima Dilawari 146; Avani Prashanth (A) 146; Hunar Mittal (A) 146;
- 10:05 AM: Diksha Dagar 146; Hitaashee Bakshi 144; Amandeep Drall 143;