Mar 21, 2020: With the doors to schools and academic institutions closed to stop the spread of COVID-19, TGR Foundation understands the challenges that students, parents, and educators are facing as they navigate the world of distance learning. The resources offered through our no-cost digital platform, TGR EDU: Explore, will help parents-turned-educators and education professionals alike keep students engaged until schools are back in session and beyond.
Lessons engage participants in relevant disciplines and related 21st-century careers, with content ranging from animal ancestry and life science to astronomy, engineering, video game design and more.
Developed in partnership with Discovery Education, TGR EDU: Explore digitizes hands-on, project-based experiences and lesson plans allowing students to explore their interests while providing fresh lessons and strategies for educators, parents, and caregivers to implement at home. Through our science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) and college-access curricula online, learning can continue on their own time and terms.
With an array of student-driven digital experiences, lesson plans, webinars and training videos, 6-12th grade students, parents, and educators can amplify their current activities while exploring new STEM subjects and techniques.
Digital experiences including Robots to the Rescue are self-paced, allowing participants to work through each challenge without time constraints. The lesson shows the role robots can have in rescue and recovery efforts during natural disasters. In addition to Robots to the Rescue, students can
- explore biomimicry through a virtual squid dissection,
- learn about animal ancestry through bone analyzation and classification and
- take a trip “To Our Solar System and Back” to learn about astronomy.
- Aspiring college students can start their journey with knowledge, tools, and resources to navigate the college process. Modules such as College Blueprint and Financial Pur$uit are engaging activities that the entire family can participate in.
- With social distancing in practice, our Virtual Field Trip to Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park, California provides a great opportunity for students to escape and explore the innovative careers at this social media powerhouse in Silicon Valley. For additional content and distance learning resources, sign up to join our free Educator Community to receive emails including:
- engaging activities to complete at home
- videos to help you deliver quality lessons and exciting content
- access to TGR Foundation learning facilitators to address questions and concerns virtually.
TGR Foundation is proud to offer these FREE resources and programs to empower youth around the globe through education.