Merion weather warnings

US Open held up by Merion weather

997

 

June 13, 2013. A line of severe thunderstorms is currently just to the west of Merion Golf Club, where the opening round of the 113th U.S. Open is under way.

 

High winds are also expected and the storm could even bring hail. A flood watch is also in affect.

 

For how long is anyone’s guess.The forecast calls for a 35 percent chance of scattered thunderstorms by 11 a.m. ET. That increases to 65 percent around 2 p.m. and 70 percent at 4 p.m. with strong storms beginning then.

 

High winds are also expected and the storm could even bring hail. A flood watch is also in affect. Already more than 6 1/2 inches of rain have fallen here since last Friday.

Join the Conversation